Wine, beer, cocktails, and spirits are flowing a lot at this time of year. The flow of calories that comes with them is crazy too – and they add up fast.
Make some simple modifications to lower the calorie count:
- Replace Tonic with Soda
- Look for wine with a sugar level of 0-9g per litre. The sugar level is on the bar code label on the shelf at the LCBO.
- Make a spritzer by adding soda or sparkling water to your wine – you will drink less in every glass
- Avoid cocktails made with syrupy mix-ins. Add mint, lemon or lime as flavor enhancers instead.
- Add water to scotch so one shot lasts longer and you drink less
- Low Carb beer. There are many on the market now. “Sleeman Clear” is my favorite.
- Consider being the driver on some nights. That will make your frequency of drinking nights during the holidays less.
- Drink earlier in the evening and then switch to water after. Prevents extra calorie consumption before bed.
Mona Chona is a Certified Specialist in Fitness Nutrition and specializes in fitness programs designed for real life. Feel free to inquire.
Facebook: Mona Chona